m+p VibRunner Measurement Hardware
Measurement Hardware for Noise and Vibration Engineering and Data Acquisition
m+p VibRunner is m+p international‘s measurement hardware platform for higher channel counts, designed for the specific needs of noise and vibration engineering and general data acquisition. It can be used with m+p international’s proven m+p Analyzer for noise and vibration measurement, m+p VibControl for vibration control and m+p Coda for data acquisition and condition monitoring. This solution-oriented approach provides superb performance at an excellent price-performance ratio.
Solving the Challenges of Large Channel Count Applications
The hardware platform is ideal for projects such as engine test cells, where high data throughput is important; large structures where distributed inputs reduce sensor cabling; large channel count requirements such as sensitive satellite pre-flight testing; or simply where a wide range of testing needs demand the ultimate flexibility in test system configuration.
Desktop or Rack Mounted
m+p VibRunner provides maximum modularity. The basic unit is a 19“ mainframe that houses up to three front-mounted functional modules. The 1U mainframe can be equipped with feet for use as a desktop instrument or with mounting brackets for 19“ rack mounting. m+p VibRunner is completely equipped for standalone operation. It has its own power supply with both multi-range AC and DC inputs. Cooling is performed by a high-quality, silent fan whose speed is temperature-controlled. For sensitive noise measurements the fan can be turned off from the host PC.
Scalability and Synchronization
For applications requiring a high number of measurement channels, data acquisition over multiple m+p VibRunner systems will be exactly synchronized. This is made possible by making the master clock available to all slave mainframes. For measurements of large objects the m+p VibRunner systems can be placed close to the measuring points which minimizes costly transducer cabling.
Power of Ethernet
The 1 Gbit/s Ethernet interface is used for communications with the host PC. To ensure safe and fast communication even when a high number of input channels are utilized, the m+p VibRunner hardware is integrated into its own subnet which is independent of other networks.
Each m+p VibRunner instrument has a digital interface with 8 inputs and 8 outputs (5 V TTL). These inputs/outputs enable engineers to directly execute control functions for combined environmental tests or for parallel functional tests of the specimen.
m+p VibRunner provides high-precision measurement capability and outstanding real-time performance. With 24-bit sigma-delta A/D converters with up to 204.8 kHz sampling rate, it allows for alias-protected measurements in a frequency range up to 80 kHz and more than 120 dB spurious-free dynamic range. Input ranges are selectable from 100 mV to 20 Vpk, low noise and selectable high-pass input filtering allow for versatile acoustic measurements and pyro-shock capture.
The 8-channel bridge module enables experimental stress analysis and structural testing. It contains quarter-, half-, and full-bridge support.
Additional m+p VibRunner modules provide analog outputs for vibration testing or modal analysis applications requiring a drive signal for the shaker. High-precision 24-bit D/A converters are sampled by the master clock in the same way as the A/D converters on each input to ensure the excellent phase stability of the measurements. In case of emergency, the source signal will be ramped down in a controlled manner to avoid damage to the specimen or the test equipment. This automatic, analog shutdown circuitry guarantees the highest safety possible during the test.
m+p VibRunner Measurement Hardware for Noise and Vibration Engineering and Data Acquisition
- Desktop instrument or 19” rack-mounted system, 1U high, 3 slots for modules, rugged steel frame
- Silent operation, temperature-controlled fan
- Multi-range AC power supply and DC power supply
- Precise synchronization of multiple m+p VibRunner frontends by means of daisy chain connection and master clock
- Ethernet interface, 1 Gbit/s transfer rate
- Separate, secure subnet independent from other networks
- DSP powered real-time processing
- 8-24 analog input channels per m+p VibRunner, 24 bits, 204.8 kHz max. sampling rate per channel, differential and single-ended measurements
- TEDS support
- IEPE support
- 8-channel bridge measurement module
- 2-12 differential source output channels per m+p VibRunner, 24 bits, safety shutdown
- 2-12 tacho inputs per m+p VibRunner for rotating machinery applications
- 8 digital inputs and 8 digital outputs for combined environmental tests or parallel functional tests
- Vibration control on electrodynamic and hydraulic shakers, all test modes supported
- Multi-axis vibration testing
- Multi-channel, high-end vibration testing
- Pyro-shock capture
- Data reduction and time data recording (throughput to disk) in aerospace
- Vibration monitoring and overtest protection
- Noise and vibration measurement
- Structural testing, modal analysis, impact testing
- Ultrasonic measurements
- Data acquisition and condition monitoring
- Strain measurements
- Test stand engineering